Grand Kremlin Palace
Grand Kremlin Palace is one of the Kremlin's palaces situated on the Borovitsky Hill. Its facade faces the Moskva river and stretches for 125 metres. The group of buildings include the Terem Palace, nine churches and 700 rooms with total area of more than 25 000 sqm. The Grand Kremlin Palace was built in 1838-1849 by Konstantin Thon according to the order of Nicholas I of Russia.
The Palace was intended to be the monument of the Russian history and glory of the Russian army. At present it is the residence of the head of state. It hosts inaugural ceremonies, presentations of state awards and credentials, official receptions on the occasion of major public holidays.
2020: Restoration. Aleksandrovsky hall (642 sqm);
2020: Restoration. Andreyevsky hall (991 sqm);
2020: Restoration. Vladimirsky hall (540 sqm);
2020: Restoration. Malachite hall (345 sqm);
2020: Door recreation;
2019: Georgievsky Hall (1200 sqm);
2014: Apartments (283 sqm);
2011: Restoration. Chevalier hall (145 sqm);
2009: Restoration. Residence of the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia (300 sqm);
2009: Imperial family's private chambers (228 sqm);
2005: Special area (595 sqm).
The Grand Kremlin Palace consists of buildings and chambers arranged in rectangle around the courtyard (over 700 rooms). Five reception halls (Georgievsky, Vladimirsky, Aleksnadrovsky, Andreyevsky, and Ekaterininsky) are named for orders of the Russian Empire: the Orders of St. George, Vladimir, Alexander, Andrew and Catherine. At present all these halls are used for state and diplomatic receptions and official ceremonies.
In 2020 we completed a large-scale restoration of parquet flooring in the Grand Kremlin Palace:
Since 2005 our company has been completing restoration and rennovation works in the Grand Kremlin Palace. However, exactly this year we found by chance a message from masters of the past. As specialists say random things are not left in museums...
The names of parquet installers who did the restoration in 1970 are mentioned in the message. Probably that is how we picked up their activity. And we should take care of what was left for us and transfer it to future generations. We will preserve the achievements of our predecessors!
We removed lacquer in all the rooms, sanded carefully the flooring, partially replaced separate elements, filled in joints with foam, added glue and changed аfloor tanks.
By tradition we apply special lacquer (7 coats) that creates the impression of a mirror. When such flooring reflects the light the whole interior is full with light splash and looks magnificent.
Malachite hall is a guest extension built in 1933-1934. In 1990s after complete reconstruction of the Palace the extension was rebuilt in the style of the whole palace according to Ilya Glazunov's design. The name of the hall is connected with dark green columns that are painted as if made from malachite. The portraits of grand princes and tsars (the Rurikids and Romanovs) are placed on the walls between the columns.
Total area of parquet flooring was 345 sqm.
Pictures of the Malachite hall with the renewed parquet flooring.