directly from the manufacturer
To calculate the product cost add the product to the shopping cart using the button “Send an inquiry”. One of our consultants will contact you as soon as possible to go over the details and give you the end price.
One-component water-based polyurethane-acrylate lacquer with a high solid content and short drying time. Next coats can be applied 2-4 hours after applying the first coat, in this case sanding is unnecessary. If next coats of ECOSTAR are applied more than 4 hours after the first coat the sanding is necessary.
- mixture ratio: single-component;
- application temperature: +10°C ÷ +25°C;
- application: roller / brush;
- thinning (if necessary): water;
- coverage: 80-100 g/m²;
- dust dry: 40 min (at 20°C and 65% R.H.);
- fingerprint dry: 2 h (at 20°C and 65% R.H.);
- sandpapering: 12 h (at 20°C and 65% R.H.)
- overcoating without sanding: 2-4 h (at 20°C and 65% R.H.);
- gloss level: LD-60 gloss; SL-40 gloss; OP-20 gloss; SOP-8 gloss (onto wet film of 90 hardened at 20°C and 65% H.R. for 7 days);
- chemical and physical characteristics: good;
- coating: excellent;
- wood oxidation: lightly;
- storage stability: 1 year (in original);
- packaging: 5 lt;
- tool cleaning: DNH 40 thinner
How to use
Ecostar is a ready to use varnish that is applied to filled, sanded and vacuumed timber floors. You can apply a 2nd coat of Ecostar after 2-4 hours after the initial coat without the need to abrade between coats. If the 2nd coat is applied 12 hours after the first then a light abrade using 220 grit paper. If you wish to apply a 3rd coat then it advisable to abrade for a more uniform finish and a "softer" touch.
In cycles when you are going to apply a base coat and then a finishing coat, we don't suggest to use a solventbased base coat. It's advisable to apply a water-based PU base coat as our ECOPRIME HS 120 and than go on with a finishing coat of ECOSTAR.
Boards with a high tannin content must be tested with Ecostar initially to check the reaction of the varnish on the wood.
The maintenance of woodfloors treated with ECOSTAR has to be done with VELUREX range of products (see technical data sheets).