Pashkov House

The Pashkov House is more than 200 years old. During this period it experienced a lot of reconstructions and changed several owners. Fine art experts think that the Pashkov House was built by Vasili Bazhenov. However, there is a version that it was built by Matvey Kazakov. The building was constructed according to the instructions of Peter Pashkov.

Pashkov House

In 1839 the Pashkov House was obtained for University noble institute. Since 1852 Moscow 4th high school was placed there. Since 1862 the Pashkov House was a home the library and the rarest art collection of Count Nikolay Rumyantsev. His collection of books was the beginning of the Russian State Library. Since 1921 the Pashkov House belongs to the Russian State Library.

Reconstruction of parquets. A reading room in historical «the Rumjantsevsky hall»

After reconstruction and restoration the Pashkov House inures to benefit of enlightenment: three departments of the Russian State Library are situated there. The interiors with wooden shelves, balustrades and window cases were restored according to pre-revolutionary sketches and museum drawings. According to Vladimir Gnezdilov, Executive Director, the project of interior reconstruction was made on the basis of five hundred photos.

Art Parquet accomplished restoration works according to the sketches of the architects engaged in restoration. The works were accomplished with the help of different technologies of wood ageing, modern materials and high-technology equipment:

  • 2006: "Rumyantsev hall" and other premises (450 m2, mosaic parquet, classic Russian wood species: oak and walnut);
  • 2007: Museum halls (more than 3000 m2).
  • Reconstruction of parquets. «Rumyantsev hall». Pashkov House
  • Reconstruction of parquets. «Rumyantsev hall». Pashkov House
  • Reconstruction of parquets. «Rumyantsev hall». Pashkov House