Moscow Academic Music Theatre

Moscow Academic Music Theatre

The building of the theatre is a rebuilt main house of Count Pyotr Saltykov's estate, the parts of which survived the fire of 1812.

Since 1926 the building belonged to two studios – Stanislavski Opera Studio and Nemirovich-Danchenko Music Theatre. The companies worked independently of each other and appeared on stage in turn.

Moscow Academic Music Theatre

In 1938-39 the theatre building was considerably rebuild. It should have been transmitted to Stanislavski’s company, but a new building for Nemirovich’s company was not built as the war broke out. In 1941 both companies were merged and remained in Bolshaya Dmitrovka street (according to lenta.ru/news/2005/10/31/nemirovich/).

The reconstruction of the Stanislavski and Nemirovich-Danchenko Moscow Academic Music Theatre began in 2001. In 2006 the theatre’s main stage was opened. Its 88th theatrical season the Stanislavski and Nemirovich-Danchenko Moscow Academic Music Theatre began in a new building. The company Art Parquet participated in parquet restoration works.

  • Reconstruction of parquets. Moscow Academic Music Theatre
  • Reconstruction of parquets. Moscow Academic Music Theatre
  • Reconstruction of parquets. Moscow Academic Music Theatre