Lenkom Theatre

The building in which the theatre is situated at present was built in 1907-1909 for a merchant club by the architect Illarion Ivanov-Schitz.

Lenkom Theatre is the official name of what was once known as the Moscow State Theatre named after Lenin's Komsomol. Designed by Illarion Ivanov-Schitz, it was built in 1907−1909 to house a Merchant's Club, and was home to many theatrical and musical performances. After 1918, the building was annexed by the local party committee, eventually becoming the home of "Theatre for Working Youth" (TRAM) in 1927. Thus, the future theatre established its reputation as a theatre for young people, by young people. Over its 80-year career, Lenkom has been a forerunner of new, fresh and exprimental theatre in the Soviet Union, and now Russia.

Art Parquet accomplished production and replacement works in the theatre-goers' lobby. Total area of the flooring was 700 m2, installation works were carried out day-and-night.

  • Lenkom Theatre
  • Reconstruction of parquets. Lenkom Theatre
  • Reconstruction of parquets. Lenkom Theatre
  • Reconstruction of parquets. Lenkom Theatre
  • Reconstruction of parquets. Lenkom Theatre
  • Reconstruction of parquets. Lenkom Theatre