Tsaritsino museum and reserve is a multifunctional institution, the main parts of which are a history and architecture museum, a landscape park and art museum. In 1775 Catherine the Great was attracted by the beauty of the manor that belonged to the Cantemirs. The empress bought the manor and named it "Tsaritsino". Catherine the Great adored her new manor, called it "real paradise" and ordered to start large-scale construction works (palace complex in Gothic style). Architect Vasili Bazhenov was called to build the palace.
The empress was not satisfied by the results of Bazhenov’s work, and Catherine ordered the palace to be partly pulled down. Then Matvey Kazakov was working on the construction of the palace. However, the empress was never to see the palace finished. The palace obtained its final appearance in XXI century when it was finished during large restoration works. The main palace in Tsaritsino built in pseudo-Gothic style is a monument of architecture of XVIII century (according to tsaricyno.ru, parktsaricino.ru/bolshoy.php).
Art Parquet accomplished parquet works in the main palace in Tsaritsino. Total area of parquet flooring installed is more than 4300 m2. Classical mosaic parquet and plank parquet were used. Mosaic parquet was produced according to drawings of architects who restored the museum. The following wood species were used: oak, maple, merbau.